To apply Christ’s healing ministry to strengthen, enrich and restore ministerial families
Ministerial families are more connected, satisfied, and effective and are more supported by the church organization
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 PETER 4:8 (NIV)
There is a sacred circle around every family which should be preserved.
THE ADVENTIST HOME, ELLEN G. WHITE, P. 177
families of currently employed ministers
- families of employed chaplains
- families of retired ministers
- families of deceased ministers
- families of seminary students
- families of separation and divorce
Hope for Healing
Sacred Family Circle Guiding Principles:
- Ministerial families are one of the greatest assets/resources of our church organization.
- Well balanced families – emotionally, physically and spiritually - are one of the greatest arguments to convince the church and the world of the power of the gospel.
- Family brokenness and pain are a reality and are often experienced by all at some point on life’s journey.
- The church organization – at every entity (division, union, and conference) should provide a safe environment for the admission of failure and sin and the expression of pain and suffering. It should also be in a supportive role in encouraging and aiding ministerial families, within the laws of the land and the policies of the organization, as they pursue their own healing.
- Clergy families who are willing to reach out with awareness and sensitivity to those clergy families who are experiencing pain and suffering, can play an important role in the healing process
- All healing comes through the power of God and He is committed to “rise with healing in His wings (Mal. 4:2) and care for His children tenderly …”A bruised reed He will not break.” (Is. 42:3)
- In our day God will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to the fathers therefore we should pray with fervent faith for the healing of brokeneness in ministerial families between parents and children.(Mal. 4:5,6)